Meyer Group represents a group of 5 cookware brands within ANZ. There are differences between the customers for each brand and even within each brand are segments of top customers.
The brand managers need to understand who their ideal customers are for each brand so we can better target and communicate to that audience.
Other than an email database – there is no way the brands are capturing the first-party data of their Audiences. They need a structured solution to track and understand customer persona’s and behaviours. Transferring those actionable insights into a performance led media strategy.
We approached this in three clear steps.
Firstly, we needed to gather the data.
– Segment and establish groups
– Before setting up 3rd party tags to track client’s first-party data
– Set out the framework that can best gain insights from.
Secondly, analyse and understand the data.
– With enough volumes in each segment see:
- – Demographic breakdown – age, gender, household income, children, education etc.
- – Top Behaviours – show top trends in areas of life like interests in real estate or even home maintenance etc.
Finally, make changes to our campaigns.
– Develop personas based on demo & behaviours.
– Test hypothesis and optimise towards better performance.
– Inform key messages and CTAs from objectives.
A dashboard helps to understand more about the unique converters and identify their demographic traits.
Comparing the demographic make-up across different audience segments such as converting traffic vs overall traffic demographic will give us more insights.
Top Behaviours & Affinities
This Analysis involves cross-referencing the 1st party data with the 3rd party data sources across the DMP Lotame Data Exchange to understand deeper insight about offline and online behaviour traits. This helps to outline personas.
Top Affinity Examples
Our converting audience has an affinity to users that like baked goods, domestic travel, fiscal policy news and are coupon enthusiasts.
By using our customer audience insights, creating personas and having a deeper understanding of our audiences, we were able to use this in our online advertising to make our ads more relevant for our target audience and target the right consumers. By doing this we were able to spend the budget more effeciently and change our creative to suit the audience.
Meyer were able to
increase online sales by 30%